AUDIT / ATTESTATION
GOVERNANCE, RISK & COMPLIANCE
About our 8(A) Certification
Long & Associates is proud to participate in the Small Business Administration’s 8(a) Business Development program.
Receiving this certification gives us the opportunity to continue our growth and our efforts to strengthen our relationships in the Atlanta business community and beyond. Through this certification, as is the case with our participation in local and state business-related organizations, we look to assist more companies who want the type of services provided by the Big Four consulting firms, but who prefer the more personal approach a small business can provide. We hope that as we grow we also attract like-minded individuals who enjoy the satisfaction this business model brings to their careers.
Following are some of the eligibility requirements for being approved by the Small Business Administration into the 8(a) program:
- The business must be majority-owned (51 percent or more) by an individual(s).
- The individual(s) must be an American citizen, by birth or naturalization.
- The business must be majority-owned (51 percent or more) and controlled/managed by socially and economically disadvantaged individual(s).
- The business must be a small business.
- The business must demonstrate potential for success.
- The principals must show good character.
If you have any questions about the SBA’s 8(A) program, give us a call at 678.383.4528.